The island of Boracay


It's one of the places I frequented during my college years when funds were tight[er] and I had to do a series of garage sales so I can raise funds for my pocket money.

Boracay has long become a home away from home for me that I never really made a post about it since I usually blog about new places I've explored.

But my recent trip to this island 2 km off the northwest tip of Panay Island in the Western Visayas region of the Philippines made me realize that its glorious white sand and amazingly clear waters deserve a spot on my side of cyberspace.

Yes, it can get disgustingly crowded during Holy Week and Labor Day.
Yes, the commercial franchises popping up in every corner are eyesores.

But you can't deny, it still has one of the best beaches in the world. 







And come golden hour, the island will treat your eyes to various hues of magical orange every minute until the sun finally sets.







Now tell me you disagree ;)






8 comments:

  1. Breathtakingly gorgeous photographs, Koryn! But then again, yours always are! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia! Your comment made my day 😊 We are DEFINITELY going here when you come visit again!

      Delete
  2. Wow, and wow! What a beautiful beach and sea! You captured the magical moment of different lighting so fantastically. As I read on, I thought my favorite was the first image, then the second, oh definitely the fourth and I concluded my favorite was the seventh in the end.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow legs! :-P

    -GUS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to Boracay in 6 years!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. simply fabulous...I have seem to have been blown away and forgot to write you I was so impressed! hugs and love+huge thanks for these amazing colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks BREATHTAKING...esp today....:-)

    ReplyDelete

Other stories you might be interested in: