Around São Paulo: Beco do Batman

Blending in.  A wall in Beco do Batman (Batman's alley) in the city of São paulo.

Psychedelic and surreal.

These are probably the two words that best describe Beco Do Batman or Batman's Alley in Rua Gonçalo Afonso, an alleyway in the neighborhood of Vila Madalena in São Paulo City.

Far from the dark and dreary Gotham City, every inch of this alley is covered with splashes of color making it an open air graffiti museum and instant heaven for photographers.

It was just our first day in Brazil and already, I've consumed a sizable amount of space in my SD card taking photos.  I mean, wouldn't you go camera-crazy too if you saw these life-size works of art?



 





The artists change the murals every so often making it a perfect representation of Brazil's diverse and colorful culture.  And I couldn't easily pick my favorite among all the eye-popping designs!

Like a kid in a candy store.  Beco do Batman (Batman's Alley) is nothing less than heaven for shutterbugs like moi.

.  How about you?  Have you chosen your favorite yet? :)

7 comments:

  1. wowwww, so COOL! I get u 200%, noone would have been able to move me from there for hours:-)))
    I really love the tree on the first one and I love the first pic with u on it!

    Sorry I am a bit slow in visiting+comenting but was kind of busy here (+me being sick was not helping)...I have tried to answr to some of your questions on my blog...The underwater shots from les Saintes, are actually Caribbean sea ( around 7-8h flight from Paris); this is one of the reason while I love it there: abundance of colours underwater thanks to the sponges gardens!

    happy weekend+take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous! The Caribbean is one of my dream destinations!

      So how are you now? Hope you're feeling better!

      Delete
  2. That is one beautiful alley they got there. Colors are everywhere! I feel you there, kahit ako, mauubos memory space ko for taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the huge colorful murals! Your photos are wonderful and must make your friends want to go visit these places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. one more time SOOOOOOO cheerful:-) luv these colours:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What those great murals! I like that stone pavement too. Huuum, it is difficult to choose my favorite one. All of them are fantastic!

    Thank you for your visit. Glad to hear you were in Osaka last year. My old posts are invisible now. I will post the sculptures in Osaka tomorrow. Do you remember of the main street Midousuji?? I will be back later again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do remember Midousuji! I think that's where the stall of the famous ramen is?

      Delete

Other stories you might be interested in: