2013: The year I learned how to say 'thank you'. And really mean it.

2013 has been a wonderful year.  Not because it was perfect nor because it's supposed to be a lucky year for people born on the year of the Dog.

2013 was actually a toss up between ups and downs.  But it was wonderful because it was the year I learned to say "thank you" and really mean it.

During my birthday last April, I started a personal project called "The Gratitude Project" (as inspired by my friend Julia's blog).  Everyday, I would list down one thing I'm thankful for for that day.

I had to work on it first because some days would really just suck and I couldn't, for the life of me, find anything to be thankful about.  Or so I thought.  Eventually, being grateful became a natural habit.  It sort of has become my default mindset and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The bad things became humbling experiences for me while the good ones taught me how to appreciate everything and everyone around me even more.

And now, I can't even begin to describe the overwhelming gratitude that I feel.

I remain blind to what 2014 has to offer.  But if there's anything I'm sure of, it's that I'm grateful to be given another year to explore, to love, to learn, and to embrace what this beautifully mad world has to offer.

And on that note...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

Sunsets, beautiful in any part of the world.  Taken at Arquipelago de Ilhabela during our trip to Brazil last October.

Comments

  1. Thankt for all the nice comments Koryn

    Wish you a wonderful new year !

    Greetings from Holland, Joop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful to have you as a friend. I look forward to seeing your images in the coming year. Happy new year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an absolutely wonderful project! you are an inspiration, in life and through your photos! i wish each day of your 2014 is overflowing with things to be grateful for!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Glad to see you on TV! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy new year to you dear Koryn! very inspirational project and year behind u...I think the small things you are/were grateful for really teach you about how worth-the-effort the life is! you have now inspired me to do the same in 2014! hugs, sunshine+luv to you+your family...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the post! I agree, always being grateful makes each dreary day so much brighter. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other stories you might be interested in: