The geishas of Kyoto: A sneak peek

900 photos and counting.  That's how trigger-happy I was during my recent trip to Japan.  I doubt I'd finish sorting and editing them soon (you know, the works) what with work, post-vacation errands, blah blah blah. In the meantime, I give you a glimpse of one of the most thrilling experience I had during the trip--seeing Geishas!

And  while they were so elusive, I wasn't gonna leave Kyoto without at least a single decent photo of these mysterious women entertainers.  And here's one of them.


11 comments:

  1. Ganyan talaga when you travel.. A LOT of pictures taken!
    SHe's beautiful ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how mysterious this photo is! A real GLIMPSE :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh em friggin gee! GEISHA! REAL GEISHA!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More pictures pleeese (hindi ba pwede mag-pose with them? Haha) Naiintriga ako:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You went to Japan? I'm so jealous! Is it as expensive a place to visit as they say it is? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Compare to other Asian countries, it is! Meals and transportation. The cheapest meal is around 800 yen. So that's approximately 400 pesos. Then a single MRT ride is 200 yen, approx 100 pesos.

      But if you ask me, all worth it!

      Delete
    2. Yikes! Sobra!

      But I will agree with you. I'm sure it's worth it. Inggit ako! =)

      Delete
  6. how fantastic! this is a wonderful teaser! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome!!! Lucky you and lucky geisha coz you picked her as a subject. I love your photos Koryn. I'm yearning to go to Japan already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the ghostly effect. Galing!:)

    ReplyDelete

Other stories you might be interested in: