In black & white

It's no secret--I love colours.  I even have an entire post dedicated to it! (Read more about it here.)  But there are times when some photographs just turn out more beautifully in black & white.  Maybe it's the drama or the nostalgia it gives the scene or the subject.  And how you end up having an entirely different story.

So I scoured through my library of photos and found some snaps that turned out better in black & white.  Here are some of them.
*Most of the photos were taken using my Nikon D60. But there are some that were taken using just my phone camera or now-kaput point-and-shoot camera.
The city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Gloomy sky at Casita Ysabel, Batangas.  (Photo taken using my old Sony Ericsson X10 Xperia.)
Singapore.
Inside a train in Singapore.
No pain, no gain.
All that glitters.  The ABS-CBN Trade Event.
Dino Conception, lead vocalist of local reggae band, Brownman Revival.
Wedding decors.
After the rain.
En route to Turtle Island in Bali, Indonesia.
Our neighborhood-friendly dog in Cagbalite Island.
Amazing Thailand.  (Photo taken using my old Canon Ixus point-and-shoot cam.)
A local on his way home in Donsol, Sorsogon.
At the Jiufen Old Street, Northern Coast, Taiwan.

10 comments:

  1. Shempre napahinto ako sa pic ni Dino at tinitigan ko ng todo. <3 <3 <3

    Aweome pics again Koryn! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thanks girl! Somehow I knew he'd catch your attention :p

      Delete
  2. I love the gloomy sky and after the rain photos. Very artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came across your blog while bloghopping. I must say your photos are wonderful with variety of creative angles! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful choices! and beautifully done! i agree, sometimes you just need to go with b/w. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. indeed b&w has its charme too, its interesting sometimes to compare the same pics in colours and in b&w...another lovely blog! happy rest of the week from me&wet Berlin:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sis you really take nice photos! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow mother. Your photos are really something talaga!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures. =)

    I thought the first shot was in Manila. Hehehe! We're planning on going there next year. Hoping it will be a grand vacay since we also plan to go to Johor for Lego Land and Hello Kitty town (wheee!) =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear,
    I can tell you only one word. WOW! :)
    That's a brilliant collection. It shows me a very special atmosphere.
    Very liked your B&W and blurred photos. Congratulations.
    As I think I have to follow your blog in the future :)
    Unfortunately strong winter still is here in Hungary so I have to see "hanami in Osaka" again to see any beautiful colours in this gray day :)
    Cheers, Miklos

    ReplyDelete

Other stories you might be interested in: