Forgotten captures

Lotte World, Seoul, South Korea.  A photo taken
during our November 2011 trip wihch I rediscovered
while browsing through my archives.
Over the years, I have learned The Art of Not Over-Posting Photos (something I learned from my photographer friend, Fritz).  I used to post 150 plus photos on Facebook in one go thinking a profile shot with my hands on my hips has a largely different effect compared to the same profile shot with my hands by my side.  (Talk about vanity oversharing haha.)

Now, I sanitize--choosing and uploading only what I think are the best shots, and keeping the rest in my archives.

But I never erase photos.  Even the badly shot ones.  Because while the raw photos are taking so much space in my external drive, sometimes, when I browse through them, I rediscover some shots that I took that's, hey, not at bad at all!

And here are some of them:

Music junkie.  (LEFT) My old iPod mini.  Photo is an outtake from the Project 365; (RIGHT) On a wall in Hard Rock Cafe in Bali, Indonesia.  

Gaga over Lotto.  Another outtake from my Project 365.  Taken during the days when everyone was going gaga over the Lotto jackpot that ballooned to several millions.

Clear waters.  Taken at Magalawa Island in Zambales.



The streets of Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.

The cliffs of Uluwatu in Bali, Indonesia.

Playing with fire.  I fire dancer showing his moves.

Fisher folks in Bali, Indonesia.

The Gyeongbogkung Palace in Seoul, South Korea.

A sign inside the Gyeongbogkung Palace in Seoul, South Korea.


A view of the Namsan Tower from the Namsangol Hanok Village in Seoul, South Korea.
The Floating Market in Thailand.

A fixture inside the Sofitel Hotel in Manila.

Cultural landmarks.  (LEFT) A temple inside the Angkor Thom in Siem Reap Province, Cambodia; (RIGHT) The statue in front of the Notre Dame Cathedral in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.

The Ximending District in Taipei, Taiwan.

Bamboo shoots at a farm in Talisay, Negros Occidental.

My trustee Chucks.

Sun worshipper.  Taken at Puerto Galera in Mindoro.


I'm the OC type when it comes to cleaning my closet and getting rid of the junk.  But not with my photos.  'Coz you never know when there are forgotten captures that are worth saving ;)

19 comments:

  1. These are treasures!!!

    I love that Magalawa photo.

    I am smiling reading this entry. Maybe, majority of us (photo enthusiasts, photobloggers, etc) are like this. I don't delete photos (pang reminisce & for future use, hoping na di magcrash ang external hd) and I published several photos in one album too. I read somewhere that it's better not to overshare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard lesson learned from the past : back up your back-ups! So what I do now is aside from storing them in my external drive, I burn my photos on DVD's too.

      Delete
    2. Salamat sa tip, that's what I'm going to do ASAP. :)

      Delete
  2. Great images and good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice selection! i love seeing all the places you've explored!

    i'm with you with just posting your best captures. sometimes, i don't even have time to share those! ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know what you mean! Especially for trigger-happy photo enthusiasts like us, sorting through all the shots can eat a lot of time!

      Delete
  4. wow, ganda naman the pics! turuan mo nga ko ng photography haha.

    - GUS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the floating market! Siyempre ako kasama mo dun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When's our next sister bonding trip???

      Delete
  6. You always take the best photos mother! Walang bola yan. Boracay days pa!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mother! Oh yes, Bora days! Hope we get to have another adventure together soon!

      Delete
  7. I agree, we should keep those photos but post the best ones! Super like ang lahat ng pics mo, very vivid and looks every photo has each own story. Love the B&W shots! Worth it ang tips from Fritz..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Di ba?? Usually, during the first few times you sort through your photos, you get saturated. And you usually focus on the best one. But look back at your album a year later, you'll find hidden treasures ;)

      Delete
  8. I love your black and white shots. I simply adore them. As in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mer! I love B&W shots too. More dramatic ;)

      Delete

Other stories you might be interested in: