Project Pilipinas

"You know your country is very beautiful.  The problem is, unless you're a local, you really wouldn't know how to go to all those nice places."

We were in Anilao, Batangas capping off a day of diving with some drinks with two French divers (whose names have escaped me).  They both worked at the French Embassy in Manila and were telling us how they would love to go around the Philippines only there isn't much info for them to go by.

Then it got me thinking.

When you say "Philippines", the first thing that usually comes to a foreigner's mind is "Boracay".  And, of course, Manila.  Don't get me wrong.  I love Boracay. But this archipelago is more than just that.  Unfortunately, the world is unaware that among our 7,107 islands lie so many hidden wonders.

I laud the Department of Tourism for coming up with the "It's More Fun in the Philippines" campaign, with an online hype that swept the country.  I've done my own share of internet meme and now, I've decided to go a bit further, put my wanderlust to good use, and start a personal project which I am calling "PROJECT PILIPINAS" (Project Philippines).

The project is simple.  I'll be posting about my past travels within the country along with some useful information (how to get there, how to go around, places to stay, tips, etc.).  Hopefully, when researching about the Philippines, some random Googler (be it foreigner or local) will come across my blog and be encouraged to visit all those places.

I mean, who wouldn't want to go to any of these:


Cagbalite Island in Mauban, Quezon.
The Mayon Volcano in Albay.
The Caramoan Peninsula in Camarines Sur.
The Deer Farm in Camarines Sur.

Mount Pulag in North Luzon.
Magalawa Island in Zambales.

The crater of Mount Pinatubo in Pampanga.

And these are just some of those wonders I'm talking about.  So stay tuned for more!

9 comments:

  1. I love your project! I wish I had better photos of my past travels, but none of them are half as good as yours and really not worthy of posting! I strongly believe in the beauty of our country, too and I really hope people from other parts of the world can marvel at it like we do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any travel photo is worth posting! :) What foreigners see doesn't even come close to the real magnificence of our archipelago. Nakakapanghinayang. The are so many hidden pockets of beauty everywhere. We just need to help spread the word!

      Delete
  2. Nice idea Koryn!!! -April Misa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were with me on some of the travels I'll be posting about!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, mother! Excited about my next posts :)

      Delete
  4. Passion ito. Galing! -Janus

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love, with the colours+this place!!! hugs and Dutch (winter) sunshine! would be so cool to explore some places together :-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. the last three pics are...simply mind-blowing!!! take me there :-)

    ReplyDelete

Other stories you might be interested in: