365 bests

Day 31.  A self-portrait.

Two years ago, I started a personal project called "Project 365".  The idea (which I got from other photography enthusiasts) is to take and upload one photo a day for one whole year.  During the first two months, I was able to faithfully post one photo every day.  But after that, I got busy, got too tired, yada yada yada.  Sometimes, I'd miss a day.  Even a week.  During my fourth month, I thought of aborting the project.  I mean, what's the point right?  Then I realized, more than keeping up with the "schedule", I wanted to prove to myself that I could commit to something for a year.  So despite the setbacks, I continued the project.  And voila!  One year and three months later (Haha, yes, some of my posts were that delayed), I found myself posting my 365th photo! Cool, huh? ;)

And now, looking through all the 365 photos that I took is like looking back at my 2010 and 2011.  My favorites are the ones that either came out exactly the way I wanted them to or those that turned out differently (and better) than what I envisioned, and those that perfectly captured my mood the day I took them.

Here are some of them :)























   


























Now I wonder what project I'll do next.  Any ideas? ;)

Comments

  1. I really really love your photos.. they're so real! And even if I don't know the stories behind all of them (although some of them I've read about at some point in your blog), I'm engaged to guess what led you to take each particular picture. I wish I could take pictures as rich as yours. Maybe someday I can pursue photography too. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, but you do take very engaging photos too! I always feel hungry after I read your blog heehee.

      Why not? You never know until you click ;)

      Delete
  2. You take awesome photos, Koryn. I will do that 365 photo a day thingy on 2013 na lang. Will you make a new set for 2012?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still thinking about it! But instead of one photo a day, I'm playing with the idea of a themed photo essay every week. Go, go, go! You could try 365 days of Heaven ;)

      Delete
  3. You take the best photos mother! I love your self portrait and the bubble on the grass. Galing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mother! :) Self-portraits are the hardest to perfect... Most of the time because I don't like the way I look haha.

      Delete
  4. LOVE your photos, Koryn! A lot!!! I can't even choose my favorite - they just go so perfect all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia! I don't know how the love for photography started but it definitely makes me see some things a little differently :)

      Delete
  5. i like that net photo:D awesome. yeah, around, but not too close from Seoul.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other stories you might be interested in: