Adieu 2011

"If you think back, and replay your year - if it doesn't bring you tears of joy or sadness, consider the year wasted." -John, Ally McBeal

2011 was all about laughing, crying, dreams, frustrations, and realizations.  It was about traveling and discovering what the world has to offer.  It was about taking risks.  It was about waking up, not knowing if you have been making the right decisions.  But more than that, it was about embracing your choices whatever the consequence so long as they're yours.

It was about discovering my inadequacies and appreciating my strength.  It was about asking questions and discovering unexpected answers.  It was about endings and beginnings.

It was about friendship and betrayal, trust and forgiveness.

It was about family.

What 2012 will be about, I honestly have no idea.  But I do hope it will involve bigger dreams, higher leaps and grander adventures.  I hope to discover myself some more and learn new things about the world we know.  I want to be surprised, swept off my feet either by love or by dreams beyond my imagination.  I want exhilaration.

A good friend once told me, "Moving forward is scary.  But scarier is standing still."

So adieu, 2011. And thank you.  You have simply been AMAZING.

Namsangol Hanok Village, Seoul, South Korea--My last out of the country adventure for 2011.
(Photo taken by Ket Zaide)

4 comments:

  1. 2011 was a tumbling journey on life for me. I have a new blog for 2012. Hope you'll follow me here and hope to see you in Feb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now following your new blog! See you soon, Mer! :)

      Delete
  2. ...embracing your choices whatever the consequence so long as they're yours. - Ditto to that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true, so many wisdoms packed in one blog entry! thanks for the good spirit, xxx+let 2013 come:-)

    ReplyDelete

Other stories you might be interested in: