The leap

My failed attempt at a graceful leap during our 2009 Donsol trip.
Okay so remember that post where I talked about my experience jumping off a cliff in Puerto Galera?  When all the time, what I was really talking about was taking a leap and taking risks?

Well, I finally did it.

I took a risk and leaped.

The place where I'm about to land is not as far as I originally intended to (or still intending to) but it's a start.  What was that saying by Christopher Columbus again?  You'll never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.  Let's just say the shore ain't that far away from where I'm going but at least I've already removed my anchor.

I know, I know, I'm talking in circles again. I have a knack for that haha.

Bottom line is,  a big change in my life is about to take place.  But not without the birth pains.  I've been sleepless for three weeks now--learning the ropes, acclimatizing myself to the new environment. (No time for errands, to update my Project365, even to bloghop!) But hey, I ain't complaining (Well, sometimes I do rant  haha but generally, I'm grateful).  And there's also that nostalgia bit.  It's hard to leave something you've been accustomed to for years.  There's a reason why they call it the "comfort zone" you know.  And while the friends you've made will still be around, it's still different when you see and talk to them on a daily basis.

NEVERTHELESS, I'm facing this change head on.  Because this might just be the very thing that will encourage me to take bigger leaps in the future.

Do I hear Singapura?  Maybe.  We never know :)


*Photo taken by the talented Peter Emmett.

Comments

  1. I think it's always like this with a chance we're excited about - we fear it too and we doubt and we think and re-think. I refer to it as the natural process of accepting a change... And it makes me feel better lol Love this shot of you, btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JULIA! I know! It actually took me a while before I finally made a decision and leaped. But it feels great. Sometimes you stay in your comfort zone for too long and everything becomes monotonous. Thanks! It was taken by one of my photographer friends. Sorry haven't been able to visit your blog recently. But my schedule will be lighter soon enough. More time to bloghop haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JEN! You have an idea what it is ;) After next week, you'll be seeing more of me. And at an earlier time haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Koryn, we had a whole separate category for cheese going on, so you can totally tell me which cheese exactly you like! The community mentioned Gouda Robusto, mozzarella, mascarpone, tilsiter, feta and brinza!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And as for cooking, I do! Some things I'm good at, some things I'm bad at, but I do. Mostly, I like making simple healthy meals. I adore making breakfasts (scrambled eggs with spinach and mushrooms is my specialty haha), but for the rest of the meals I usually need a special mood to cook, as I'm not really a fan of the activity lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, girl! :) Baby steps, then soon, another big leap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MOTHER! I'll DM you in Twitter ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other stories you might be interested in: