Point and shoot

Before I acquired Bono (my trusty DSLR) in 2009, Ixy (my now-non-functioning Canon Ixus point-and-shoot cam) was my trusted companion for more than three years.  I was actually a bit sad when he went kaput last year.  Aside from him being my first ever major purchase (thank you Christmas bonus of 2005!), I was never without him.  During out of town trips, gigs, parties, and even on ordinary days, people always expected that I had Ixy with me.

Ixy also became the "camera ng bayan" (everybody's camera).  He went to Germany with PJ, to Beijing with Cecille, to Hong Kong with Madel (Was it really HK? I forget), and to Sanya with Ate Ains and Con.  Really handy chap, if you ask me!

Anyway, browsed through my old photo files and came across some of my favorite shots taken with Ixy.
















But even before Ixy, there was another man in my life--my nameless Kodak point-and-shoot camera.  I don't even remember the exact model haha!  I got it for free when I bought a Nokia phone eons ago.  It was actually pretty useful too ;)  It was the camera I brought during my first ever out of the country trip--Bangkok.









I think I miss having a handy point-and-shoot cam, one you can lug around every day.  Hmm. Definitely something to think about.  In the meantime, I shall dig more photos from my baul ;)

15 comments:

  1. I want a new point and shoot also! Been looking around for a good one. My Olympus is good only for water or outdoor activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For point and shoot cams, I still think Canon is the best. Although there's also Lumix, a hybrid between point and shoot and a DSLR. My brother-in-law has one, and I've tried it--very good quality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Canon S95 and I love it to bits! It's great when I'm too lazy to lug my DSLR. Your pictures are amazing, I would never have guessed these were taken by a point-and-shoot. Just proves that talent can stand alone. :-) You obviously have the eye for great photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks girl! I love taking photographs, especially portraits :)

    Point and shoot cams are actually perfect with what you do--restaurant hopping! DSLRs catch too much attention sometimes haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pics!! :D wow! buti pa kayo ni Manila Girl, very into photography. My trusty cam is just a SE K800i 5MP. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. ganda ng mga kuha. ako nga planong kumuha ng point and shoot dahil masyadong nakakatakot magdala ng dslr kung minsan

    ano na nga bang gusali iyong kinunan mo? iyong sa ibaba ng mama na nakakabayo? iyon lang ang di maganda. NYAHAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Z JOYA: Thanks! Took it during Independence Day last 2007. That's the flagpole in front of Aguinaldo's house in Kawit, Cavite :)

    GRUMPYURBANSLACKER: But that's one of the better phone cams! Hehe.

    MIRANDA: Oh why do you hate my alma mater so much?! Hahaha.

    Anong cam balak mo?

    ReplyDelete
  8. there's this point and shoot by canon. i want to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go! I still think Canon point-and-shoot cams are the best, the Ixus series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super nice! I especially liked the people rowing. I have this certain fetish for bangka/rowboats. I have no idea why. There's just something serene about them.
    Keep those pics comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Mer! Maybe there's something the image of the boat gracefully gliding through water ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You take such great photos Koryn! Always love a post liek that from you - always so much color and life in each shot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And btw, my first major purchase was Dior sunglasses... LOL I still really want to get me a ncie camera but haven't quite gotten round to it as there's always something else to spend the money on, especially with travelling being not a cheap thing! lol (some trip was probably my second major 'purchase')

    ReplyDelete
  14. JULIA: Haha, we never forget our first major purchases, do we? I guess there's some kind of fulfillment to that, knowing you worked hard for the money.

    Oh, and traveling is always a good thing to spend money on! And I see you've been to some really nice places :) But if you do finally decide to buy a camera, if it's point-and-shoot, I suggest a model from the Canon Ixus series or a Lumix. Super handy but very good quality.

    ReplyDelete

Other stories you might be interested in: